Wednesday, September 22, 2010

As I begin to feel the many anxieties that result from knowing more photographers (really talented ones), I inevitably begin to ask myself what makes me call myself that as well. Am I only a maker of photos, or am I something more? If so, what?

I would like to think that my insecurities are getting ahead of me, but the contrast in the work is substantial. As others take off in all directions, I look at them with envy. I know for a fact that neither envy nor jealously will take me anywhere - Only action can.

But even so, I am not quite sure how to respond when I think of this question:

Where exactly do my passions lie?

There are some who come for a realization of their career. Others are here to sharpen their industry-ready skills. I come here, without much clue, lacking clarity in vision, and quite simply unsure of the future. What do I want to be?

All I know is I want to take photos, so take photos I will.

No comments: