Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Back!


Feet, originally uploaded by misterthomas.
It definitely feels good to be back blogging on blogger. Don't get me wrong, blogger hasn't been mistreating me; In fact, I have been the one neglecting the blog. I guess school work has really dealt a blow to my social life and whatnot. Nonetheless, I am now back to blogging.

I don't think people(if at all) visit this blog now, but it doesn't matter. Really. Because I think keeping a journal of my own progress will benefit me in the long run(somehow lah).

Thanks to school, I enjoyed a period of being content with whatever equipment I have, and was really happy to hear my friend exclaim, "Thomas, you really know your camera well huh!"

I guess that is the most important thing for anyone dabbling in photography: To know your tools well, and be willing to work with whatever you have.

Again, thanks to school, I was forced away from photography into painting, drawing and other stuff. I can say it was beneficial to me, because it really got me into thinking about images in terms of the formal elements and principles of art. Which I realise that I have unknowingly started appreciating in any image, more so in photography.

More on that next time I guess. For now, I shall continue working on the blog. In the meantime, I shall start posting some of the images that I have taken over the past few months!

No comments: